Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Astra Help

wigwig7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Hi All,

I'm going to be sacrificed for saying this but I'm looking at purchasing an Astra. This one:

Find used cars and new cars online - CarPoint Australia

I have no idea where to start looking but I'm trying to find out if it has an Auxillary Input for an Mp3 Player/iPod

If anyone knows that would be great or if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated also.

Thanks,

Adam

P.S. If it doesn't have the option are there specs on the headunit and the possiblity of getting it modded/replaced to accomodate this feature??

Cheers

OLD BOY BRI

OLD BOY BRI
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1
G'day wigwag7,
My partner has an Astra (so it's still a kind of sort of related to a Holden) and it has an input on the centre console next to the handbrake.You can't see it in the photos because they're from wrong angles,you'll have to look personally(no don't take the sellers word)
Cheers Brian.

wigwig7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Hi Brian,

Thankyou much appreciated. Will definately have a squizz.

Cheers

wigwig7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Sorry on another note does anyone have any positives or negatives before buying this car?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
its got the chain driven engine, not belt, thats a huge plus,

parts will be a little more expensive and repair bills are generally higher cause they can be difficult to work on, but other than that, there not bad

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
one of the worst cars trust me you will have nothing more then regrets and problems my cousin owns a mechanics and car yard and nearly every single astra he has sold has come back in the first month with somthing wrong im talking about 15-20 astras main problems are handbrake getting stuck, doors/locks jam, engine light will constitently come on gear shift wont engage, just to name a few. lol up to you personal opinion id go a corolla for a small car or stick to a real holden :)

wigwig7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe
Is that true? I can imagine older Astra's having problems however this one does seem to be in good nick and still has 2 years left on the factory warranty, its a 2007 model and its also been regulalrly serviced with only 13,000k on the clock...

Anyone else got their opinions on this particular or like model?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
*BUMP* Anyone??

if thats what your happy with, go for it, earlier ones (ts's) had a few design flaws but the ah's are pretty good going