Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Asus ATI HD 4850 512MB PCI-E Graphics Card (swap or sell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'll throw in a new car smell air freshener :p

Nah people it depends on what you're after, if you want a new card get acex1138's; if you want a used card get mine, in the end you're winning because these cards are great for pc gaming

I was just looking at comparisons and it turns out this 7900gs is better than a 9500gt which I was also looking at and not *too* far behind a 9600GT, I might not bother upgrading after all considering now this computer is a mac and I won't be playing games on it anyway lol, probably just get a big hard drive

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
i wouldnt bother with the 9600 its really sub par, back at last upgrade went from a 7800gtx to a 9600 cos msy tried to rip me off, put a 9600 in a 9800 box and hoped i wouldnt notice, its performance is sub 7800 but it does dx10 ok.

the 4850 is pretty good and a great entry card, the other benefit is you can play with it now then pickup a crossfire board and a 58xx series card when they are out and STILL have it working for you

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Sucks MSY would do that but I'm not surprised, I loved my 4850 and tried everything I could to get it working in OS X but without an apple bios and without support from pc efi/the other methods I'm stuck with no display in OS X or having to go back to Windows which I don't want to do, if I can't sell it I'll just stick it in the wifes computer and play games every now and then on it

Status
Not open for further replies.