Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ASWN extended warranty - anyone have it?

djvsa

Reaction score
Guys

just about to purchase an extended warranty for my vu ss, can anyone give me any advise on ASWN, this is the company the caryard are using, im sort of hesitating paying the cash coz its almost pointless in my opinion, has anyone had experience with this company, i want to have piece of mind if something goes wrong they will be there for me, id appreciate any info

cheers

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
A 3 yr warranty with that company came on my VS - it only had 92000km when I bought it. The dealer would have knocked $300 off the price if I didn't want the warranty, but I took it. Any way, I wouldn't bother with it. The only thing that has gone wrong so far is a shift solenoid, so I rang ASWN and of course it's not covered. And for them to even consider a claim, you have to take it to where they save for a quote, wait for them to approve the quote, then wait for it to be fixed. So you can't get your car fixed where you like, and they don't cover much anyway.

I've never getting an extended warranty again - but it's up to you of course.

And by the way they were quite rude and unhelpful on the phone.

djvsa

Reaction score
A 3 yr warranty with that company came on my VS - it only had 92000km when I bought it. The dealer would have knocked $300 off the price if I didn't want the warranty, but I took it. Any way, I wouldn't bother with it. The only thing that has gone wrong so far is a shift solenoid, so I rang ASWN and of course it's not covered. And for them to even consider a claim, you have to take it to where they save for a quote, wait for them to approve the quote, then wait for it to be fixed. So you can't get your car fixed where you like, and they don't cover much anyway.

I've never getting an extended warranty again - but it's up to you of course.

And by the way they were quite rude and unhelpful on the phone.

yeh look to be honest im not surprised to hear this, the guy at the yard told me i can get it fixed wherever i want, actually now that i think about it, i reckon he said i can get it serviced wherever i want, but fixing is another story, makes u think there is no point in extended warranty doesnt it, i may go ahead with it anyway, if i ever need them and they stuff me around ill go straight to consumer affairs, i aint wasting my time with people like that

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
save ur money, they aint worth two knobs of
dog_poo_250.jpg

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
lmfao!!!!!

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
yeah you can get it serviced where you like - but it has to be every 6 months/10,000 km and you have to send them a copy of the invoice. so they won't cover you if you do your own oil changes.

i've stopped sending them my service records, i mean if something goes wrong with my car, i don't want the hassle of going where they say and waiting for their approval. so their warranty is useless to me now.

i actually rang the raa technical advice line when aswn annoyed me on the phone, and raa said they often have complaints about extended warranties - and aswn 'approved' repairers are not raa approved, so i'd rather my car goes somewhere decent if it ever needs a big repair.

djvsa

Reaction score
anyone have any idea how much for an extended warranty from holden? id say it would pretty dear, especially if u dont buy car of a holden dealer

harveyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
I have ASWN warrenty with my two cars. In my opinion, unless your dealer is helpful when making claim, otherwise don't bother. I got my second car from a reputable dealer, so whenever I got problem, they help to ring up to make claims. It will be extremely troublesome to go through the claiming process and a lot of effort is needed.

harveyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Are you getting your car from holden, otherwiase I doubt they will give warranty.

djvsa

Reaction score
Are you getting your car from holden, otherwiase I doubt they will give warranty.

nah not from holden mate, i know i cant get warranty anywhere else now, oh well i just hope nothing goes wrong with the car, ill prob still get the warranty, but to be honest i pretty much expected to hear what some people on this forum have said, extended warranty is a waste of time