Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Au ,Bf thermos to Vk

LXXXVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Gday legends.could someone please post some pics of au or bf fans attached to a Vk brass copper radiator.I’m trying to work out how they fit neatly and where to notch them out.it’s doing my head .Or even a set of good fans off the net that blokes are using that are great quality with a shroud.cheers all

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
i have twin electric fans on my vh. They work very well and are designed for the vb-vk. There is only a slight bit of cutting to do, if you hold the fan against the radiator you will see what has to be cut. I just had a look at mine and there is no name on them. Just google twin electric fan for a vb-vh. As for the AU fan I can only go on what others have said and that they do hang over either side. The Ford Focus twin fan is supposed to be a better fit. I have used the Davies Craig 16" single fan and found it is not up to the job.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I do have EF/EL thermos here but never bothered trying to fit them...

I have a 16" davies craig fan bumper bar side of the radiator and a no name brand 12" (or so) thermo engine side of the radiator...

Having these running through a controller, they come on at 90 degrees and turn off at 80 degrees.....On a hot day (35 +) it takes about 2 minutes to drop the temp and turns them off...

I'll add in, I only have a warm 6 cyl, with my 3 core VC radiator, so I'd imagine a V8 would get a little warmer than my 6, so my set up might work differently with a different size engine

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
I remember I fitted a vr/vs v6 radiator fan to my VH I built for rally/track, don't have the car anymore to see what I did though.
It worked well keeping it cool.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Mondeo fans probably best suited...single 16' most likely run too hot in traffic with v8.

Problem is tiebar under radiator on early girls...change that to vn-vs then can fit any combination radiator & fans you want with 120+ alternator.

I use vs series 3 2 core with vs v6 thermo on everything BUT won't fit with early girl vb-vk tiebar needs later efi models