Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Au Thermofans

VT542

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 1 SSV Redline Ute VS SS Commodore
Hi guys just wondering if I filled au twin thermofans to a VS v8 commodore..would I still need to have the aircon fan at the front of the radiator...or can I just remove it

Thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The aircon fan is designed to switch on whenever the aircon is switched on - whilst the thermo fans will only switch on when the engine temperature goes above normal. If you delete the aircon fan your aircon will not work properly and probably cut out due to high internal gas pressures as it needs the fan to cool the condenser. You could wire the thermo fans to switch on with the aircon and this would overcome this problem and you could then remove the aircon fan. The Au fans are supposed to be excellent units. Good Luck.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
hey bloke i help neilb from this forum put au fans on his vs when we put the v8 in.
the best way it fitted cause it was auto and had auto cooling lines was to fit the fans upside down and it looks good. it didnt take much choping 4 the auto cooling lines and G they work well. if i had a 5L i wouldnt run anything else!!! good luck and any questions ask

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
how did you setup the temp switch??? did you just tap into the one above the water pump???

VT542

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 1 SSV Redline Ute VS SS Commodore
Thanks guys:)