Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio advice on 07 VE Omega

07VEOMEGA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE Omega 2007
Hi guys, I am new to this, I'm 16 and just got my first car, it's a good first car. I want to do some stuff to it, but I'd like some advice on it, hoping you guys can help me out,

1. Does anyone know how many watts the standard head unit puts out?
2. Thinking about putting 240 watt Fusion speakers in the rear, plus possibly a Fusion sub and amp, what do you guys think?
3. What would be the possibly cost to install the speakers by a professional? (I don't want to do them myself)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey buddy, hopefully we can throw some answers your way.

1, Not enough to warrant talking about (Hows that for an answer?) expect about 10-15wrms and I'm sure someone here will the correct answer.
2, Sub and amp... go for it. Speakers in the rear? Save your money and put some nice speakers with an amp in the front. Look at it like this.... do you drive from the back seat?
3, Install cost will vary but expect to pay around about 70-100 dependant upon what you have picked out and what you are putting them into. Make a few calls.

If you live SE Melbourne, I have a mate just starting his own mobile business... doing his best to put me out of business lol. I know his prices are very cheap. Swaps speakers out for something $50.

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series II SV6
The stock headunit does a maximum of 25 watt RMS from memory and a max (peak) of 35, I still have the stock speakers and their specs in the shed somewhere.

As for Fusion, I don't know if its just me and I don't want to sound judgemental but I don't like it, just doesn't have the depth and response I look for, I would honestly save my money for a little bit and upgrade a little more to a more mid-level brand.

If you're in Victoria I do it as a hobby and it's not so much for money as it is for fun (don't get me wrong I like to make a little cash)

P.S - You're only 16 so you don't really have to get a cheap system now because you're not driving for another year and a half at least so save up a little and you won't regreat it abit later. Any questions PM me.

goodie78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 304 / VE SS Manual LPG
I thought rather than starting a new thread I would add to this one.
Apologies if I am repeating something that's elsewhere, but I couldn't find the answers I was after anywhere else.
I would like to upgrade the head unit on my partners Series 1 VE SS, and was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket HVAC control panel other than Alpine. I asked a car audio shop the other day but I found the guy a bit arrogant and not very helpful. If I can replace the HVAC controller, I am going to look at the digoptions unit. I would like a few more features - the bluetooth doesn't connect, and we wouldn't mind a better ipod interface (or digoptions has microsd so can get rid of it all together)

Currently, I have done a few upgrades - got the iPod interface for the rear aux, replaced all the door speakers with 6" JVC drvn's and put some JVC 6x9" drvn's in the parcel shelf with a JVD drvn 4 channel amp (only really needed a 2 channel amp) running the 6x9's.
This is a budget system, but it sounds quite good. I have to relocate the main amp earth to get rid of the last residual noise, but I learnt quite a bit doing these mods.