Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio problem

L

londongeezer

Can anyone help.
I have just downloaded some music and burnt it on to disc and tried to play it in the stock head unit of my vt calais.
Now sometimes the cd plays after a long pause and sometimes it shows error 4, does anyone have any ideas??
Thanks

Philth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
how did you burn the music as wav files or as the "song.cda" style?

some of the commodore h/u dont like playing WAV cds for what ever reason

VTSS

RavenMad
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Well some cd players do not like some brands of cd-r's, you best bet is to experiment with a few brands, start with the cheaper ones and work your way up, as I had a car deck that hated high end pioneer cdrs but my in house stereo loved them.

hope that is of some help.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Make sure that you close the session. Multisession discs have all sorts of problems.

Or you could buy a mp3 player for you car, best money I spent, much better than a stacker.

Mike

L

londongeezer

wav

I burnt the cd as a wav file but will try other ways
I have been putting the cd into the stacker

casuarina26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S1 A4
Just go an buy a mp3 player for you car, its the best money you will spend, much better than a stacker. Takes up less room than standard unit unless you buy a double din player. Why not go for an indash DVD player, I wish I did

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
recorded music

i use ares to down load all my track.....i havnt been doing it for very lond but i can tell you that i got a box of 25 cdr the cheap brand from coles for i think it was $7.50 for the 25 i downloaded song to almost 15 of them and the played them in my vt berlina, i have had very little probs with these dics,,,the only thing that somtime goes wrong and its very rare somtime the dics stops and pops out. all i do is push it back in and it work fine many times over it may happens 1 out of evert 20 time i play it.....i hope this helps you.....have a great day