Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

audio setup reccomendations VS ute

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey,
i have a vs commodore ute, i get my P's in 5 months so i thought i mights start getting the audio system and install it, i havnt got a huge budget but i already have a few things.

I have a JVC Monoblock Amp, i think this is it, its what it looks like anyway

JVC KS-AX6500 Car Amp details. Find cheap JVC Car Audio and Video, Car Amplifiers at Shopping.com UK

And a head unit (i will find out what it is tomorrow)

But i have no Subs, and only the standard speakers.

i am willing to spend around $40 on speakers and $120 on a sub.
Are these prices realistic? also will i need another amp to run the speakers? and is there any vital component im missing?

also where would the best place to mount the amp be? i dont want it on display

Thanks

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
haha no mate. haha sorry to burst your bubble but you wont get **** for that much... haha
I recently bout Alpine type-S speakers for my VT and that set me back $400. Now that is still relatively cheap... I think you should save up for a bit longer buddy. haha

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
holy **** balls lol,
im not lookin to enter sound offs or anythin, i just want some alright sounds...
but $400 for "cheap" speakers? theres gotta be a cheaper alterative?

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Jaycar do some great value gear - speakers (both splits and coaxials), amplifiers, subwoofers and all cabling.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Alrighty so youve got a monoblock to power a sub.....but no sub or suitable enclosure for it right?

I'd say $150 on a sub in a fre-fab box, provided it fits into the back of the ute. As far as front speakers go, yeah save up some more cash and buy a set of component speakers (splits). Jaycar make a good set and will fit straight into your factory speaker pods. Here:

Kevlar series 6-inch component speakers - Jaycar Electronics

They will sound fine just running off your head-unit, but if they dont put out enough volume then save up and get a 2ch. amplifier for them.

Going out and spending $40 on speakers is just asking for trouble, you'll end up blowing them or upgrading them anyway, and going with a set like the ones above.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Go for the jaycar speakers, ive got sum up the back of mine, they sound almost as good as my Option Audio splits, well the woofer does, cant say that about the tweeters the OA's are awsome

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
thanka for all the help so far,

Alrighty so youve got a monoblock to power a sub.....but no sub or suitable enclosure for it right?

I'd say $150 on a sub in a fre-fab box, provided it fits into the back of the ute.

I was going to put the sub under the tray, where the fuel tank is but on the opposite side,

what size woofer would u recomend, and wat size box?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
There should be a box design for that spot in the ute on the forum here somewhere. I think there's only enough room to accomodate a 10" sub from memory.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Here you go.... Click on the "how to" in my sig. :thumbsup:

Needs to be a sticky lol.