Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's Vt Calais

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Dunno about that!
My car is heavier, a 3 speed and has less power, all I can say is

Ah, good ol v8 noise!

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

LOLOL
Yep love the noise.

EDIT
Too early in the morning

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
WELL, KITO!
I actually quite enjoy the power of my crappy little 3.8 V6 actually. Beat's a 1.4 4cyl 5dr Honda civic of same age any day of the week. Also beats an `07 1.6 Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Avensis (UK hatchy-style version of a Camry) 2L... what else have I driven that dribbles in comparison...??? Mmmmm, Ah yep, 1.4 Toyota Yaris Sedan Ugliest most useless car ever driven. The only thing I liked was the USB and iPod connectivity, other than that it was utter pish. Wasn't mine thankfully.

Here in Aus, my crappy little 3.8 V6 beats a 2L Subaru Liberty, and a 1.2 Kia Rio, and a 1.2 Mazda 2.

What have I had a shot of that's as good as if not better? Short list: My bro-in-laws straight 6 Ford Falcon Futura might actually be the same if not a little better, my bro's Mazda 3 Sport had heaps more power than this, and my mums diesel VW Passat.
All up I have a great respect for my crappy little ecotec, the V6 is the most powerful engine I've ever personally owned.

But a V8 would be fantastic! Can't wait to own one!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
WELL, KITO!
I actually quite enjoy the power of my crappy little 3.8 V6 actually. Beat's a 1.4 4cyl 5dr Honda civic of same age any day of the week. Also beats an `07 1.6 Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Avensis (UK hatchy-style version of a Camry) 2L... what else have I driven that dribbles in comparison...??? Mmmmm, Ah yep, 1.4 Toyota Yaris Sedan Ugliest most useless car ever driven. The only thing I liked was the USB and iPod connectivity, other than that it was utter pish. Wasn't mine thankfully.

Here in Aus, my crappy little 3.8 V6 beats a 2L Subaru Liberty, and a 1.2 Kia Rio, and a 1.2 Mazda 2.

What have I had a shot of that's as good as if not better? Short list: My bro-in-laws straight 6 Ford Falcon Futura might actually be the same if not a little better, my bro's Mazda 3 Sport had heaps more power than this, and my mums diesel VW Passat.
All up I have a great respect for my crappy little ecotec, the V6 is the most powerful engine I've ever personally owned.

But a V8 would be fantastic! Can't wait to own one!

Agree
If you are going to upgrade anyway, maybe leave it or dont mod too much to limit the spending and help with the saving.

And V8s, I6Ts are troublesome man. You usually have to set up yours mirrors correctly when driving them as all the other cars are behind you and sometimes they stick a finger upright pointing to the sky. I look but dont usually see what they point at. Mustve missed it.

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Ill top the **** box list...

Anyone ever driven a first gen daewoo matiz? .8L 3cylinder....better still drive it with the AC on :/

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
...This has turned into one of those threads, Just bullshit chat over and over

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Hmm.
I have the Champaign coloured side skirts.
And on the front i think the silver grill and fog lights make quite a difference.