Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australia to get nuclear-powered submarines, YEAHHHHHHH!!! ABOUT TIME.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
These sound more like operational pains when developing a new platform. Heard it all before with the F-4, E-2, Osprey's, etc.

First plane that's been developed that's really stepped away from the 80's tech and has tried pushing the envelope. I'm not at all surprised with how many issues it's run into. Feedback from the pilots themselves has become overwhelming positive as these issues have been addressed.

In terms of poor performance, I understood this a direct criticism of the platforms ability to execute it's missions. I may have misunderstood.
Currently 15 years into production and with a lifetime cost of $1.6 trillion per unit one would expect the "affordable one-size-fits-all solution" program that began way back in 1992 to have the operator life-threatening, major structural, and performance crippling issues sorted by now.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's what happens when you build something by committee to suit politicians.

Shangus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Magnum, VFII CalaisV, VEII SV6, VZ X6 tonner
Currently 15 years into production and with a lifetime cost of $1.6 trillion per unit one would expect the "affordable one-size-fits-all solution" program that began way back in 1992 to have the operator life-threatening, major structural, and performance crippling issues sorted by now.
This is a good analysis of the F-35.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
By all accounts it performs excellently at it's role. Where is this information coming from that it performs poorly?
Even The Chinese know this as the Communist Pig Satellite channel talk about this and they always talk about it continually and they compare the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 as the F-22 if more maneuverable, Faster, Effective not to be spotted by radar easier like the F-35, not as heavy.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
1.7 trillion over the lifetime of the program which includes development, procurement and maintenance.

Key to note that the vast majority is in the latter phase. I think this cost just highlights how expensive a 5th gen JSF really is.

" Sustainment activities — which include maintaining the jet, the manpower needed to support the aircraft, fuel and training munitions costs, support equipment, certain costs associated with training, and other expenses — make up a whopping $1.3 trillion of F-35 lifecycle costs. "

https://www.defensenews.com/air/202...osts-could-be-headed-off-affordability-cliff/

The F35 is vastly overbudget don't get me wrong, but there's no point in leading with a misleading statistic...

Even The Chinese know this as the Communist Pig Satellite channel talk about this and they always talk about it continually and they compare the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 as the F-22 if more maneuverable, Faster, Effective not to be spotted by radar easier like the F-35, not as heavy.

F-22 is an air superiority fighter, whereas the F-35 is a joint strike fighter. They perform different missions.

I also wouldn't get my news about, well anything really, but especially military statistics from a CCP mouthpiece.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
I do also want to post this video. Anyone who is interested in the F-35 should definitely give it a watch.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I do also want to post this video. Anyone who is interested in the F-35 should definitely give it a watch.

Great Video. If you stop the video at 13.20 second the Chinese has the same shot in there propaganda Satellite channel. Shows you that the Chipmonks have there people (possible a million of them) viewing any and everything to get any information needed to there cause.

Do you like my F-35 but this one has no vertical take of BUT HAS THRUST VECTORING. Fuselage is 1.5M long (My SU 35 is 1.6m long) its a biggey.

look at the damaged wingtips, cause by BUGS with high speed impacts.

The thrust vectoring. You can see the up/down rod for the servo on the other side that you cany't see it, its the left and right rod and servo. (forgot what they call them, blame the 5 strokes I had that ground me)

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
RE: Freeway
Have some bad news as the Queensland Government want to resume our land as the house is roughly in the middle of the proposed new freeway.
I say NO!! BUILD THERE FREEWAY FURTHER WEST (only 500Mtrs away, plenty of bush, Yes built it further west). I has cost us a fortune to build our Satellite Monitor System and it has taken 5 Years to build it and i'm to OLD, worn out, to even think about this. I have trouble today maintaining it "eg" Paint the Dishes + buying new Equipment, Modifying the System to suit new equipment. Too many Strokes to even think about this.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I say NO!! BUILD THERE FREEWAY FURTHER WEST (only 500Mtrs away, plenty of bush, Yes built it further west).

A dispassionate, mathematical, political answer to that. Think of the koalas.

If they build it in the bush, the environmental impact will have the greenie tree huggers and koala sympathisers out in force. A couple of hundred screaming protesters with placards attracting widespread negative publicity. Renta-crowds chaining themselves to bulldozers and trees. :eek:

Your house to be resumed, just you yelling and screaming. No-one else is interested.
You could get 5 minutes of fame with Tracy Grimshaw, then nothing. Just the way the world works ................... unfortunately for you. :mad: