Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto headlights?

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
When the headlights are on and I open the driver's side door the headlights switch off. Thought this was pretty good till I went out the next morning and the headlights were on (still started though). Anyone seen this before?

P

Pauly2478

me to

yes it has happened but i noticed it and i have no idea sorry mate
pauly

P

Pauly2478

sorry

oi it comes standard sorry bout that one ^^^^^^^^^^^^
i misunderstood
and it is standard that they do that
pauly

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
I can understand that it's standard that they switch off, and even if they turned back on when the door is reopened, but when I got up (without touching the car) they were on. Is it sort of a timer delay in reverse? Or if it is standard, how long do the lights stay off before they come on again? OR maybe it was level of inebriation :drink: the next morning, and I didn't realise I'd opened the door:hit:

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Just read the owners handbook. Must have been a rough night, that I don't remember turning the ignition on before I noticed the lights were on:b:

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
somwtimes the switch between the door is faulty an all it needs is a little tap( it that little button that is behind the door towards the front about halfway up) thats wats happens on mine:D