Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto strengthened

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new on this site, huge amount of good info on this site, well done everyone.
I am based in Perth, WA
I managed to pick up a mint condition low kms SV8 vz commodore with 68,000 kms on the clock with 16 years of service history and completely standard.
I had always wanted a VZ ls1.
I rece tly sold my FPV gs315 ute, I had owned the ute for 8 years, it had 395 kw's at the wheels on a hub dyno, was a 6 speed manual.
I am pleased to be back in an auto, which brings me to my question, where in WA does anyone recommend for getting my auto beefed up a bit.
Reason being is i just ordered a vortech supercharger kit for my car.
The 6 psi kit.
With such low km's for the year i could not bring myself to go into the engine, would rather leave well enough alone.
I have so far put twin 2.5" Manta cat back exhaust on.
I have got Hurricane 2.5" 200 cel high flow cats to fit, i am just waiting on my Hurricane tri y 1 3/4" headers to arrive so i can bolt all that up soon.
Only other mods i have done so far is put 18's on the car replacing the original 17's with decent rubber.
I will be putting 3.46 diff gears in the car and will replace the rockers with yella terra ultra lites.
So any auto guru mobs out there in WA that anyone can recommend
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new on this site, huge amount of good info on this site, well done everyone.
I am based in Perth, WA
I managed to pick up a mint condition low kms SV8 vz commodore with 68,000 kms on the clock with 16 years of service history and completely standard.
I had always wanted a VZ ls1.
I rece tly sold my FPV gs315 ute, I had owned the ute for 8 years, it had 395 kw's at the wheels on a hub dyno, was a 6 speed manual.
I am pleased to be back in an auto, which brings me to my question, where in WA does anyone recommend for getting my auto beefed up a bit.
Reason being is i just ordered a vortech supercharger kit for my car.
The 6 psi kit.
With such low km's for the year i could not bring myself to go into the engine, would rather leave well enough alone.
I have so far put twin 2.5" Manta cat back exhaust on.
I have got Hurricane 2.5" 200 cel high flow cats to fit, i am just waiting on my Hurricane tri y 1 3/4" headers to arrive so i can bolt all that up soon.
Only other mods i have done so far is put 18's on the car replacing the original 17's with decent rubber.
I will be putting 3.46 diff gears in the car and will replace the rockers with yella terra ultra lites.
So any auto guru mobs out there in WA that anyone can recommend
Cheers
Transmissions R Us in Balcatta. It comes up often from good workshops and those in the trade. There is also a Transmission parts place in Malaga you might be able to get do it.
There are very few Transmission places left in Perth now.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The place in Malaga is All Fast Torque Converters. They will know who to go to for a tough build. They do heaps of race stuff.

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
Hey thanks fella's
Thats very helpful
Cheers

H

harrop.senator

Luke jacoumis at City West is good.

Town and country in Hamilton hill were really good and did a lot work for performance cars. (Haven't been there in years haven't heard any change of owners)

Dad's era of mates with there cars are always going on about Bob flood . They're c4's and turbo 350/400 owners but they'd do newer ones too.