Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto swap

customholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon cross fc wagon
i have pickup a ser1 sedan cheap with a dodgey auto. will not get reverse when cold and revs more between gear when cold but good when warmed up. i have done a service on it last weekend but no different. i thinking of put the good auto out of my 1958 Fc/ vn wagon project car into the sedan drive car.
Is it posible to do the auto swap without dropping all the oil from both boxes?

juice1929

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
nope all spills out of the tail shaft bit, you might be able to get a clean bucket or container to save the oil, but hey whats 40 bucks worth of oil in the long run

customholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon cross fc wagon
its all clean oil in both boxes so i will have to use my cut down wheely bin /drain tray to catch the oil from both boxes first then.thanks doing the swap in the morning if it does hail on me again.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Just cable tie a few plastic bags over the tailshaft on the trans to stop it draining out.

customholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon cross fc wagon
ok did the auto swap on sat but the box i pulled out had trouble with reverse. the one i put in revs higher between gears then the one i pulled out. sometimes up to 4000 revs between changes. does it mean this one is one the way out too?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
tv cable adjusted properly? is it shifting gears under slight acceleration at the right speeds?

Last edited: