Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Trans ?

• Thread starter pathfinderus maximus
  • Start date
P

pathfinderus maximus

this is for the tech boffins.
does anyone know are there any differences between the final output shafts of the 4L60-3 and the t700 auto trans's. the actuall shaft inside the gear boxes.

hopefully this makes sense.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Stab in the dark- No

I 'believe' the 4L60-3 is basically a TH700 with electronically controlled shift patterns. There may be other internal differences but output shafts should be the same if not very similar.

Somone shed some FACT onto this

Jake

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
if you really need to know, ring a dealer. if they don't give a straight answer, ring 2 dealers, asking each the part no. for one of the shafts.

if the part no. is different, it ain't the same i would say

P

pathfinderus maximus

QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 8 2004, 02:53 PM)
I 'believe' the 4L60-3 is basically a TH700 with electronically controlled shift patterns. There may be other internal differences but output shafts should be the same if not very similar.

this is the case? yeh?
if so cool

gonna stick a 3.8 and 4l60-3 in the finder

i have a modified shaft from a vp trans to suit my pathy transfer case. but i 'sort of' changed my mind, i want a vr engine and box rather than a vp setup.
these shafts are a little hard to come by to say the least

oh well, unless someone else says something i will just jump in feet first and find out
heres hopn for the best

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
your not even a member, so nope. and good one digging an thread as old as your mum.