Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto V6 M82 transmission issues

Totally Not A Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey all. This has just happened today. I was cruising down the highway and my auto V6 M82 transmission wasn’t shifting up so I pulled over and checked the fuse under the dash. The fuse wasn’t blown but I still replaced it with a good one. That seemed to work for about 30 seconds which was enough time for me to pull over into a safer spot and then it again stopped working. I again checked the fuse and it still wasn’t blown so I pulled it than put it back in. Again it worked for a bit than failed. I figured it only does this when it shifts into neutral or stays in neutral for too long in between gears. When it fails it just stays in neutral and doesn’t go back into gear. So I had to get it home pulling over constantly to pull the fuse then replace it when the trans stopped working. When I got home I checked the fuse box under the bonnet for the other trans fuse and that one was good too but I still replaced it with a new one and it still has the issue. The trans fluid and filter were replaced about 2 years ago and 50,000K’s ago. Any ideas?

TL;DR
When it goes out of gear in between gears, it stays in neutral until fuse is pulled and replaced. Fuses are fine. Trans fluid and filter were replaced 2 years and 50,000Km ago