Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto windows

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Gday fellas

Ive just had the weirdest situation & was wondering if its a sign of deteriotion of a component. Im driving a Calais V Tourer.
I parked up this morning & my co-worker has told me all my windows were down - I definitely didnt leave my windows down, & even if I had the drivers window down, Id never have all four down.. On another occassion I ended up with a flat battery. I imagine the auto light off didnt turn the lights off.
How could this happen? As far as I know, theres no auto feature for winding down/up the windows? I do use the auto on feature a fair bit.

Cheers

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Gday fellas

Ive just had the weirdest situation & was wondering if its a sign of deteriotion of a component. Im driving a Calais V Tourer.
I parked up this morning & my co-worker has told me all my windows were down - I definitely didnt leave my windows down, & even if I had the drivers window down, Id never have all four down.. On another occassion I ended up with a flat battery. I imagine the auto light off didnt turn the lights off.
How could this happen? As far as I know, theres no auto feature for winding down/up the windows? I do use the auto on feature a fair bit.

Cheers

there is a setting in the vehicle settings that allows you to put the windows down with the remote, it might have something to do with that.

with the battery i noticed once when i pulled up in my driveway i had the key in my right hand and opened the door and when my hand was outside of the vehicle i pushed the engine stop button and the engine stopped but the vehicle did not sleep/shutdown properly and the head lights remained on, i had to start it and stop it to get them to turn off.

a short time after getting the zb my wife randomly had a flat battery and we could not workout why, i think what i explained above may have been what caused it.

about a month ago my wife went to start it and it freaked out and the mylink failed to boot so she stopped the engine and all of the electrics remained on(dash/headlights).
i had to disconnect the battery to reset the system so i replaced the battery.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR

Cheers

If you press and hold the unlock key it will automatically open the car windows. The reverse is true for the lock button except it will close the sunroof and fold the wing mirrors in (which I learned thanks to this forum :)).

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
I disabled the setting to allow you to down/up the windows using the fob, not worth the risk of accidentally pocket windowing your car imo... I always remote start anyways so aircon is ready to go

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I disabled the setting to allow you to down/up the windows using the fob, not worth the risk of accidentally pocket windowing your car imo... I always remote start anyways so aircon is ready to go

dunno why you would , i imagine they automatically wind back up after a few mins.

I have the aftermarket thingy for the VF and even it does that.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
dunno why you would , i imagine they automatically wind back up after a few mins.

I have the aftermarket thingy for the VF and even it does that.
Can't say I've tested to see if they auto rewind up or not but my main concern is that it may have errors like the op has so I disable it entirely to avoid finding out. Goes down while it's pouring with rain? Goes down while I'm not around and someone's able to open my car? Either way - it's not a feature I think I could see myself using (each to their own) considering being able to remotely start the car with auto ac/heat

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
disabling the window function leaves the mirror folding function still active which is the way i have it setup on mine.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
If you press and hold the unlock key it will automatically open the car windows. The reverse is true for the lock button except it will close the sunroof and fold the wing mirrors in (which I learned thanks to this forum :)).

Thanks for that, I had no idea. I normally have a play with settings & cant say i ever noticed a setting for it.

ads_german

Reaction score
Has anyone with a sunroof got the auto close for that working along with mirror folding when holding the lock button for 2 seconds?

Mine refuses to close windows or the sunroof when doing so, although the mirrors will fold in/out as expected.

I've enabled the auto windows function in the settings - I'm wondering if it's incompatible with another setting that may have to be disabled for the windows/sunroof auto-close to work?

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Has anyone with a sunroof got the auto close for that working along with mirror folding when holding the lock button for 2 seconds?

Yes. Just tested & worked as you suggested. All windows & sunroof closed, mirrors folded up.

It actually confirmed an issue Ive been having. I get out of my car & walk away & it locks itself. But I auto start the car & the mirrors are always folded up. So now I know to long press the lock button when I get out of the car & expect the mirrors will be in the correct position when I get into the car.

Edit - Well that didnt work. The mirrors fold in, but dont auto fold back out

Last edited: