Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Autronics smc loom

foochini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL TURBO
Hey guys,
I am currently in the works of installing an autronics smc ecu in the vl, I purchased it from a guy who had it in his vl so when I purchased it I also got the engine loom,
My question is How come it hasent got a plug for the back of the alternator?? It also missing the power transistor plug next to the dizzy and also the ignition coil plug!?!?
I know it's not apart of the battery loom so am rather confused as how the previous owner had it rigged up,
Thanks in advance

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I purchased it from a guy who had it in his vl
My question is How come it hasent got a plug for the back of the alternator??
It also missing the power transistor plug next to the dizzy and also the ignition coil plug!?!?
rather confused as how the previous owner had it rigged up,

Have you maybe tried contacting the previous owner? It's custom (which also doesn't necessarily mean good depending on who made it). Nobody here is really going to be able to tell you why whoever made it made it the way they did without any reasonable insight on its original setup.

You'd probably be better off discussing why these things may be missing with whoever is going to tune it. For all intensive purposes you're better off with a new loom that you know about rather than hacking your setup to run possibly janky parts.

Why are you going the route of an SMC?

foochini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL TURBO
I purchased it on a whim for cheap,
Running custom ffp,ls3 injectors, faward facing plenum, xf throttle body gr3582r turbo, gunna run a map sensor as well,
I was just trying to get it as good as I could before I leave it with the tuner,
Contacting precious owner is not an option as I lost his contact details in an old phone lol
Thanks for the advise though bro