Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Average fuel economy

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Most day the wife drives the VE, I drove it today and had a look at the average.
Yes as the speed goes up the Litres go down. It was at about 38klm 13.4/100

That's high, unless the aircon is always on, but I doubt you would get 2L more than me.
Or maybe she drives like a hoon :-D

More seriously tho, what kind of fuel do you put in it?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey guys how are you, I have not reset my trip computer for 8000km, my average speed is 23.8 to 24km/h and use 13.5l/100kms. I drive in Sydney so the traffic can get pretty bad. I own a MY08 sv6
I was reading one of the post on this thread, some one saying not to waste money to fix the issue. This is far from the truth you will need to start looking at fuel trim numbers and see what is exactly going on with your vehicle. The ECU is made to adjust its fuel trims for this exact reasons.

Thank you.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Hey guys how are you, I have not reset my trip computer for 8000km, my average speed is 23.8 to 24km/h and use 13.5l/100kms. I drive in Sydney so the traffic can get pretty bad. I own a MY08 sv6
I was reading one of the post on this thread, some one saying not to waste money to fix the issue. This is far from the truth you will need to start looking at fuel trim numbers and see what is exactly going on with your vehicle. The ECU is made to adjust its fuel trims for this exact reasons.

Thank you.

I said it's probably normal because I had no other baseline, but now that you said you get "only" 13.5 with 24kph on average, that's interesting. I would have excepted much more to be honest.
Now, maybe you car performs extremely well, or your driving habits make the fuel consumption relatively low, or both.

I guess you'd need to collect more data to know what's a "normal" consumption for each average speed.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
I get about 12-13L/100km in city traffic in my v6 but then again it is an SIDI and they are supposed to have slightly better fuel economy, i believe. On open roads its more like 10-11/100km

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
If people were to put their trip computer data on this forum people would have real life baseline to go off by.
The real test is to reset the the trip computer and drive for at least 1000km - 2000km and see what your trip computer is doing this should give your average speed and fueling numbers, Or if your good with maths calculate how many ks you get out of a tank.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The missus is spending a lot more time idling with this killer traffic, was using 2.2-2.3 litres per hour just idling away (with aircon) :( so I dropped the idle by 50rpm and now it's using 1.9-2.0 litres per hour instead, it's not a huge difference but every little bit counts :)

Got a few more things to do yet but I'm sure I can probably get it down a bit more.

Malice VE

Reaction score
My 2010 3.0l sidi Omega gets 10.6L for 100 km according to the trip computer

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
My 2010 3.0l sidi Omega gets 10.6L for 100 km according to the trip computer

My 2012 Equip Wagon gets 12.3L / 100km according the the computer. I do spend a ton of that time on the Monash parking-lot though.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
The missus is spending a lot more time idling with this killer traffic, was using 2.2-2.3 litres per hour just idling away (with aircon) :( so I dropped the idle by 50rpm and now it's using 1.9-2.0 litres per hour instead, it's not a huge difference but every little bit counts :)

Got a few more things to do yet but I'm sure I can probably get it down a bit more.

What are you fuel trim numbers mate?

I ask because my SV6 MY08 sits around 1.9 - 2.0 per hour everything is OEM engine wise.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This is on a VX with a few mods so it probably does need the tune tweaking a bit.