Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

avi to mpeg?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I use a program called 'Convertxtodvd' its easy to use and lets you make a menu if you like also. Just basically drag and drop the avi in and hit burn :)

Google it for a trial version or *cough* torrent it *cough*

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
the easiest way is nero or toast. it will convert the avi into vob files. they will also allow you to create your menus.

How can I do this with Nero 7?

---------------------
---------------------

As I just posted elsewhere:

I have a mpeg file that I converted from AVI to MPEG using TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress which went fine. I previewed the file on laptop and image/sound quality was awesome. I then went to Nero (Nero 7 I believe) and burnt using UDF as the file was bigger than 2gb. That went fine to my belief. I previewed the DVD disc on the laptop using Windows Media Player and again, the image/sound quality was fine. Went to my theatre setup etc, played the movie and the pixels were 'jumping around' etc, it was unwatchable but the sound was still okay..

I did notice that once I fast foward the video file, the picture quality seems fine, but once I "play" again to resume the dvd, the jumpy pixels start again...
Any reasons for this?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
A good audio conversion tool is "Super" by eRightSoft
SUPER © .

it can convert from and to many popular formats.
It also has a lot of usefull settings so you can tweak the file to what you like. :thumbsup:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
How can I do this with Nero 7?

From the start menu, Select the Nero 7 menu and then select nero vision.

From there Make a DVD > DVD-Video, then add video files. Select the *AVI you wish to burn click next and create your menu if you want 1, keep clicking next until you get to the burn page and away you go.

It could have been that you didn't have the correct codec's loaded when you created the MPEG. Download G-Spot GSpot Downloads and it will show you if you have the necessary codec's installed to play and convert the selected AVI.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
hmm trying vision now..

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I use a program called 'Convertxtodvd' its easy to use and lets you make a menu if you like also. Just basically drag and drop the avi in and hit burn :)

I use that program too, it's great! Highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

I use that program too, it's great! Highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Tried it, it worked.. took the EASE out of everything. Bezz, I also gave u a rep point. Cheers Constable!