Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B&N pro ratchet shifter

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hey i was wondering if i had to get a mod plate for a B&N pro ratchet shifter? i am thinkin about buyin a car that has one and i wanna no if its ment to be mod plated or not?

any help would be good :D

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmm. been watching talks on this topic on another forum, and the general thought is it must be plated due to the difference in functionality between the B&M and the factory unit. some people have been rejected for plating due to a requirement for the gear indicator to be lit up, as does the factory shifter. Might be worth a talk to an engineer

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
pritty sure not. BUt i wouldnt take my word for it. MY mates car just past a roadworthy with one in it. But hey thats qld so it could be diffrent where you at.

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
TheForgotten said:
hmmm. been watching talks on this topic on another forum, and the general thought is it must be plated due to the difference in functionality between the B&M and the factory unit. some people have been rejected for plating due to a requirement for the gear indicator to be lit up, as does the factory shifter. Might be worth a talk to an engineer

I run the B&M Mega Shifter in mine, and it has lights and a neutral starter switch.