Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Baby seats

stevenroar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega / Look-a-like SSV
Hi,

This may be a silly question but i was wondering if anyone could tell me if a VE 2006 Omega has the boults to put car seats in the back?

Thanks!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yes it should all cars after 1996 i think it was have to have them mandatory type thing not 100% but i beleive thats the case

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
I think you will find one (1) factory installed bolt (mounting point) in a VE sedan located in the middle but if you need to install two (2) or more restraint seats or want to use the outer seat positions next to the doors then additional bolts are required but the threaded holes for the bolts are there. (07 calais V thou).

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Above post is correct. I have 2 seats installed on the outer sides and purchased additional anchor hooks from holden as they look better then those supplied with the seats. Unfortunatley the genuine bolts are about $35.00 each so move the centre one to one side and buy another for the other side.

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Also if you didnt know you`ll also need a buckle to attach the seat beat to like a sash across the bottom. It doesn`t self tension like in other cars (buckle is like $10 from most baby seat installers)

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
My mother inlaws ve came with all 3 anchor points installed

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
The middle anchor point came on my car, so I had to add another one (bought from Big W - $12), the buckle is $5 which I've put in all my cars (since having a child)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
From what I've seen in the news of late it's ok to travel with your parrots/kids attached to you windscreen wiper blades!!!! Lol
Mine came with one factory fitted in the middle, I brought one more and put them on the left and right sides.