Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back o2 sensors reading lean fuel mixture :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
And another fair question what happens one day when I decide to sell it, do u think a dealer would accept a car with a mafless tune as a trade? Like a Holden dealer,

Your car isn't the only holden out there that one day might have a tune.
It might not be a car that they can resell on their lot, but they'll accept it.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
You getting that Mafless tune done in the Parkes area...I've heard some nasty stories about a tuner they call "The Chipfryer" who works in the Central West area. Careful!
would that be the tuner who works at fully sick flaffels??

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
an OTR may well upset things... but as has been said NUMEROUS times, if you modify the way the engine works with any performance parts, it will need to be retuned. Retuning your car will not screw up it's reliability if it's done properly. From what has been explained to me by the guy at G-Force Performance, if you aren't putting a cam in, you can get a sweeter tune with the MAF in place. I have a pod type CAI on my SS with extractors and 2 1/2" Hurricane system..... stock SS on the dyno usually do about 270rwhp, mine retuned now has 330rwhp, which i think equates to 247rwkw. That is 300+ engine kw. My car will now easily spin the rears off the mark (auto) and will easily drift on corners at 140kph in 3rd. It got check engine codes prior to the tune due to the new exhaust, but none since the tune.
You can have an OTR and maintain the MAF if you wish, a lot of them are made that way.
From what i have been told, and that was from a guy who used to work for Holden who now works at the mechanic where i now take my car for services due to the Holden Dealer charging an arm and a leg, the Holden dealer can overwrite any retune if you don't tell them not to. Usually a MAF tune is cheaper than a MAFLESS due to the cost of the access codes or whatever it is the tuner needs to get into your ECU.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
an OTR may well upset things... but as has been said NUMEROUS times, if you modify the way the engine works with any performance parts, it will need to be retuned. Retuning your car will not screw up it's reliability if it's done properly. From what has been explained to me by the guy at G-Force Performance, if you aren't putting a cam in, you can get a sweeter tune with the MAF in place. I have a pod type CAI on my SS with extractors and 2 1/2" Hurricane system..... stock SS on the dyno usually do about 270rwhp, mine retuned now has 330rwhp, which i think equates to 247rwkw. That is 300+ engine kw. My car will now easily spin the rears off the mark (auto) and will easily drift on corners at 140kph in 3rd. It got check engine codes prior to the tune due to the new exhaust, but none since the tune.
You can have an OTR and maintain the MAF if you wish, a lot of them are made that way.
From what i have been told, and that was from a guy who used to work for Holden who now works at the mechanic where i now take my car for services due to the Holden Dealer charging an arm and a leg, the Holden dealer can overwrite any retune if you don't tell them not to. Usually a MAF tune is cheaper than a MAFLESS due to the cost of the access codes or whatever it is the tuner needs to get into your ECU.
mate you/me/we are just wasting computer ink on this joker, he's been at it for the last few days with this thread and about 3 other threads although he's been strangely quiet today. he must be someone else today.

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
You know what's funny? People like you think you own this forum. You don't! All you do is troll all day everyday pretending to be experts when most of you dont know jack ****. I asked some questions that's all I did. I didn't hurt anyone I didnt do anything wrong the problem is you think this is your teritory. Well it's not! If I didn't have di*k heads on here bagging tuners I mentioned so bad then maybe we wouldn't have had half these issues. I didnt want to void warranty big deal! Every single person who wasn't a sh*t talking forum troll said don't void your driveline warranty when you have just under 3 years left your mad. And there right! Unless I was turning it into a show car, race car, or a car that I sit in the garage and go nuts on it wasn't worth some bloke in Sydney or anywhere else screwing with my computer. End of they day a walkinshaw power pack DOESN'T VOID DRIVELINE WARRANTY! Why didn't any of you "experts" even mention this? Who knows to be honest you just all carry on like typical car gronks "oh it's over priced" bla bla bla who gives a **** at least it looks factory it looks sweet Sounds sweet and Holden won't bat an eye lid. And you know what? I can supercharge it under warranty! So what's that tell you? And yes it's getting blown in September:) so catch all you haters later;) I won't be back on this rubbish again!

THERE WERE A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO!! You will know who you are because you weren't smart a$$ know it alls! Dave your one of them thanks for your help.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
You know what's funny? People like you think you own this forum. You don't! .

Neither do you. You asked for opinions, you got them. If you can't handle opinions that differ from yours maybe forums are not the place for you.

We are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.