Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

backyard skid pad, legal or illegal?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Actually, my understanding is that in this case, the red tape is there to avoid the stupid.

But yeah, you would need a permit for a construction like this, and if it's in or near a residential areas I don't see approvae being given for putting down a concrete slab for the purpose of a skid pad.

And if you got a permit for putting the slab in by saying you've going to use it for something else, then you would get the boys in blue turn up when the neighbours, passer by, etc complained about the noise and smoke.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Stupid red tape.

If not for rules and regulations we would have drunk people using back yard skid pans and causing injury/death, noise and smoke polution for $10 a go!

Red tape keeps the sensible people safe from the stupid ones :)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
No, what it does is it stops the stupid killing themselves in their own back yards and then they do it on the street killing someone else.

Stupid people are going to do stupid things no matter what, at least allow them to do it at home away from the general public.

Red Tape is Killing Darwinism.

aZk.

If not for rules and regulations we would have drunk people using back yard skid pans and causing injury/death, noise and smoke polution for $10 a go!

Red tape keeps the sensible people safe from the stupid ones :)

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
lol its all fun and games until someone goes through the fence or house ... if you just had a slab and ripped skids yourself i dont think you would get much trouble.. but if u start charging ya mates it will all turn to poop id say.. and its only gonna take some dog mate to hurt themselfs or there car and try and sue you..

lol me and my mate had a hard enough time with the council and bull trying to setup a track for a our r/c nitro cars

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
coppers might charge you more than $10 a skid lol

at a guess i'd say it'd be illegal

Last edited:

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
yeah spewing. Would have been some fun though.