Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad engine oil leak VE V6 3.0 SIDI 270k

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
So oil leaks out the lefthand side of the engine all over the compressor. Hoping someone can explain how long a shop should take to replace the oil filter housing gasket to the block. it's too big a job for me. Just want some info so I have a rough idea of what's involved in doing that type of job. engine stills runs of but runs out of oil due to the leak. Or am I wrong about the housing.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Can you take a clear photo if there's room? If the housing Congress of without to much fuss then might charge you 1 hour labour? Have never had a close look at the housing.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
You really want to give it a good clean with some degreaser 1st and then make sure it is actually coming from the oil filter housing and not somewhere else

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
Can you take a clear photo if there's room? If the housing Congress of without to much fuss then might charge you 1 hour labour? Have never had a close look at the housing.
I'll try and get a pic but the compressor area is covered in black oil muck, so I'm unable to see the leak. From what I can see the oil filter housing bolts are covered by the compressor. I'll clean it tomorrow.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Oil filter housing is the easiest and cheapest problem to have.