Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad Fuel Economy on my Mums FORD EL, slowing down going DOWNHILL?? assistance plz

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
if you dont know if the diff fluid has been b4 then you should do it, i just changed an ef's diff fluid today and it was a poo brown color and car has 185,000km's

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Series 2 VY S Pack V6 3.8Ltr
if you dont know if the diff fluid has been b4 then you should do it, i just changed an ef's diff fluid today and it was a poo brown color and car has 185,000km's

hasnt been touched 100% sure, though ive been reading that sometimes diff oil dnt need2b changed?

im gonna get the guys 2 check o2 sensors

Last edited:

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
BTW, You know the brake fluid resevoir, what is that plastic part for just under the cap (black, has the two ribbed circles). Basically, the part thats ribbed, one side was FULLY pulled out it was like a cone, while the other side was ok. I didnt bleed the brakes (takes too long urrggh) , but I took out the old fluid with an old syringe and added new DOT4. Hopefully that's ok...

found out, all is well

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Is the car still slowing down going down hill if you slip it into "N" for a bit? that should tell you if it's tranny related or something to do with the rolling chasis. Brakes/calipers, wheel bearings or hand brake not releasing all the way.

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is the car still slowing down going down hill if you slip it into "N" for a bit? that should tell you if it's tranny related or something to do with the rolling chasis. Brakes/calipers, wheel bearings or hand brake not releasing all the way.

Yo man no its not, once its in N it doesnt speed up, but it certainly doesnt slow down. I will try it again my area isnt very Hilly, so once I go somewhere and I got the chance to go down a steep hill Ill neutral it.