Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad luck...

harveyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Also if you are talking about violence being the answer well then I am not surprised that these ppl are running off.

I have insurance so I would stop and take responsibility for my actions. But to assault someone for it, well there's ur problem.

I would never suggest violence in any circumstance. running off is not right, violence is even worst. as I said it is really not just money issues, rather it is people's attitude.

You stop and take responsibility not just because you have insurance. do you agree?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Well it depends on what I hit. To be honest if I backed into a lambo or a ferrari, i would get outta there soon as possible and regret deeply for what I've done. But if I backed into a hsv, mecedes, or cars worth under $100,000 I would leave a note saying sorry and will pay up. Its depends on what you hit and it can be a very scary situation for some people. Its human nature, some people are built to run off some people are not. everyone is different, different people react differently and some reaction can be good or bad, really is unpredictable.

Then you're no better than whoever hit my car. To someone who's on the dole and gets around in a $500 sh1tbox, my car might as well be a Ferrari. That's why you have insurance, and I can't see what difference the cost of the other car makes. But going by your comments, I think it is safe to assume that you don't have any.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Then you're no better than whoever hit my car. To someone who's on the dole and gets around in a $500 sh1tbox, my car might as well be a Ferrari. That's why you have insurance, and I can't see what difference the cost of the other car makes. But going by your comments, I think it is safe to assume that you don't have any.
well said mate.. i couldnt agree more. im sure every other person on these forums with a hint of respect for other peoples property will also agree. it doesnt matter who owns the car or what it is, you should always report it or atleast leave a note.

people who hit and run are scum and do not deserve a car of their own, not even a datto 120y

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
mate if i were u id b cruisin around lookin for a smashed up silver VH, bit of revenge never went astray
but thats a bitch, sorry 2 hear about that, i was flippin out 2dai wen i walked out 2 my car n found sum tosser has scratched all my back bumper, could not imagine if they had of smashed it as badly as urs, pwaorrrrrr would i b angry lol

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
ive actually seen the eastern suburbs mums in there 100k 4wd benz hit another poor bugger and she just jumped out to lk at her car then jetted! she had bling all over her,dont tell me she culdnt afford a few hund to fix some poor buggers car(mazda6).just thinks shes to fn high up over the average person.bithc!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm not saying that I would just run away after hitting some one else's car. But you have to take into account how this particular person's reaction to the situation. Whether he have insurance or not he might still run away because maybe he's scared to face the owner, scared being abused (If he have any history on being bullied at school etc. etc), feared for his life, money matters. - There are many many reasons why the person will run away.
When the time comes and you accidentally hit a $80k BMW I'm sure most people would have second thoughts about leaving. Like I said earlier every one think and react differently.
I know its wrong but thats the way the world works, if the world is perfect then there would be no crime, rape, war etc..etc.. But sadly no, there are a lot of different variations from person to person, (hope that makes sense!!??)
I'm sure most of us have done some bad things, mistakes during our lives, so what would you have to say about the mistakes you've done??

I do feel your pain, in fact it happen to me 2 years ago when some one put a massive dent on my rear quarter panel on my VS.
Maybe I should have said in my earlier post that I would not run away if I did the damage (I was drinking beer that time!!).:D

So sorry to anyone I have offended but I'm just saying that things does not always go the way you want it to be.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm not saying that I would just run away after hitting some one else's car.

Well it depends on what I hit. To be honest if I backed into a lambo or a ferrari, i would get outta there soon as possible and regret deeply for what I've done.

yes you are...

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Car still not fixed.... been in the shop for a few weeks already, then they ring me and tell me that the panel for underneath the rear bar is unavailible due to short supply. A quick phone call to GM revealed that in 6 weeks they will continue production of these "common" replacement parts that should of never been allowed to become in such demand!
If you ask me this is a pretty bad stuff up, there's gotta be hundreds of rear damaged VY/VZ's waiting to get fixed in australia!