Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bagged vk

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hey champ,

in reguards to how low, as long as the car cant be slammed while it's moving it's ok. (so has to be in neuatral or park). as far as fronts go, i remember seeing a ad in street commodores for a nsw company (from memory) that does air bag strut conversions. same seutp as a strut but instead of a spring, its a bag.

os it has to be stopped before i can lower or raise it, or there has to be mechanism that stops it, cause ive seen many mini "trucks" do it on the HWY

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
to pass a engineer's certificate (if you go down that path) there is a switch that has to be hooked up to park or neutral, which it will only let you raise or lower it once it's in park or neuatral. hook up the switch to pass engineer's cert, then once you pass, disconnect it. this will then alow you to slam the car, thus letting you grind your rails for several k's up the rd.

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
forgot to say, when i have done several bag setups for mates, we kept the park/neutral in, but i hid another switch under the dash (out of sight) and the hidden switch turned the park/neautral switch on and off. so when cops ask you to show them, flick switch on, put it in gear and it wont raise or drop. your all set!

here's that website for drop on commo kits. they use slam specialty's witch are quite good. there a bit $$ but good. i've orded a couple of bits from them.
http://www.tubularsuspensionsystems.com/comm_kits.htm

slammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo bagged
I do make a kit for your car but its costly compared to the age of your car
You will need self leveling to get it engineered and it cannot be legally driven under 100mm or parked in any public place that is considered a thoroughfare
The kit is $4350 and is something you and a mate could fit yourself
It bolts i front and rear
Fitting if required is $1850
Engineers is from $900
If you email me at my work address I can send you some install pics and instuctions
[email protected]

I don't have a pic of the exact kit but this is pretty close
It has the upgraded twin 480c compressors but should give you a idea
Liveaxelboltinbag005-1.jpg

IMG_0365Large.jpg

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, ill send you an email, how hard is the kit to fit, ive got a mate from work that is a commy nut (speaking of which i might invite him here) and he said if i ever need a hand with anything on my car call him so i have toe mate bit covered.

Kuksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Senator Signature Wagon
Hey man did you end up getting your bags?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
What Jonno said, But I believe the person I sold the car to fitted bags to it