Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bagged Wagon? Help

anvlson1

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VX WAGON
Hey guys im looking into putting airbags in the rear of my VX series II wagon. I was just after info regarding what sort of money id be up for, how easy the systems are to install, and also what the pros and cons people have found are. Also being an IRS car, does any1 have issuses with camber and wheels hitting or scrubbing?
Thanx lads, any help would be great

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
hi.
Tubular suspension systems is one outfit that do various kits, and have drop in bags for the rear, that simply replace the spring.
have a look on their website, you should find everything you need to know there.

rubbing will depend a bit on your wheels. i had one of their full kits on my calais, and the rear guard lip touched the tyres at full drop when i had ROH 18x8's with 245 rubber. but didn't touch on the stock rims.
i had the guards rolled for clearance, and peace of mind.

the system was pretty easy to install. Specially if your just doing the rear. am not sure what your local state laws are with regard to self levelling and stuff, best check that out. (pretty much anything goes here in NZ.. provided you get a cert)

pro's
having a lowered car, but still being able to clear driveways and other obstacles.
pumping them up for heavy loads.
looks mean as when fully slammed. haha
very smooth ride at open road speeds.

cons.
finding places to fit/hide the tank and gear.
compressor noise (when it refills the tank)
my low speed, round town ride was really harsh when i ran it quite low.