Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bagging the vu

slammedvu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute II
hey all i am looking at bagging my vu ute.
does anyone have any information on cost or what i should look at for?
i dont want it to hit the floor i just want it to be able to get low enough for me to cruise happily and to be able to lift it when im towing the jet ski.
i only want to bag the back the front will be left as is.

anyone know anyone in the sydney area that does this type of work?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I have a fairly cheap solution for ya...

Tubular suspension : Tubular Suspension Systems

They have a new product thats drop in rear bag kit.

Now you throw these in right... don't need a compressor or nothing...

You put them in and drive around as low as you want... then once you need to tow your jetski... you pull into a servo... and pump them up with the air at the servo!!!

I think thats bloody brilliant!

They quoted me about 700 bux for 2 rear bags plus the hoses and fitting hardware i think.

THis is the direct link... Tubular Suspension Systems

scroll like almost all the way to the bottom or just to a find (ctrl + f) for "EVOLUTION SERIES"

Good luck mate and keep us posted.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have a fairly cheap solution for ya...

Tubular suspension : Tubular Suspension Systems

They have a new product thats drop in rear bag kit.

Now you throw these in right... don't need a compressor or nothing...

You put them in and drive around as low as you want... then once you need to tow your jetski... you pull into a servo... and pump them up with the air at the servo!!!

I think thats bloody brilliant!

They quoted me about 700 bux for 2 rear bags plus the hoses and fitting hardware i think.

THis is the direct link... Tubular Suspension Systems

scroll like almost all the way to the bottom or just to a find (ctrl + f) for "EVOLUTION SERIES"

Good luck mate and keep us posted.
Interesting.........under $600 for a rear kit for the SS since it's basically on the bump stops at its current hight.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah i recon it's a great idea... can install them yourself in the same time a set of springs take to replace.

Just not sure if you would need it engineered or not like a normal airbag kit but image that would be the case...

Probably easier to get it engineered on a ute as you can say its "load leveling" ?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah i recon it's a great idea... can install them yourself in the same time a set of springs take to replace.

Just not sure if you would need it engineered or not like a normal airbag kit but image that would be the case...

Probably easier to get it engineered on a ute as you can say its "load leveling" ?
Would be fine. Bags normally only need to be engineered to check the tank, compressor, lines, etc and to make sure it is self leveling. Since you can't control this from the cabin I don't see a problem.

slammedvu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute II
guys this is awesome thank you so much for this.

can a compressor be hooked up to them. i dont want to be flipping switches but it would be nice.

how much do you think it would affect handaling?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
if i was just gona bag the rear id still get a compressor and a small tank.. much more fun! handeling wise itll be fine, my stato is bagged and at normal height its fine, dump it on its ass and it gets a bit bouncy though..

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just got off the horn the dwcustoms in dandenong.

There is a kit for 1200ish that is rear bags and compressor to which you will need to add another 450 to have it installed.

They are still crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's" in regards to getting it worked out so it will be engineered.