Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bagging your car

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
hey everyone i wasnt quite sure on where to post this so stay with me please!

im just curious about anyone in Queensland who has an airbagged car, any kind ect.
did you have any troubles getting it done and with an engineers certificate?
what kind of airbags does it have? was there alot of trouble to get it all certified?
who did it for you?

looking forward to all your replies!
TheNewKid

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Last I heard airbags were illegal unless fitted with self levelling. Best to call transport dept and ask them. You will probably get 5 different answers on the net.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Rear bags dont require an engineers cert. aslong as you cannot get to the controls while driving. They are seen as a "load leveling" device when installed like this. If you go full bagged you need a cert.

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
yer in the rear only i believe it is needed to be restricted inside usage (you can have a handbrake set up ive heard, when you pull the hand brake they can be operated etc but im not 100% sure)
i know if you go full system to get it engineered in queensland is very hard, youve gotta have self levelling, if it has ABS youve gotta get them all re tested ect costs over 5k for that to be done and also the airbag safety things tested etc and cleared by the manufacturer and more bullshit.

but when i called the transport dept they were deadset no help to me at all, ive called up 4 times trying to find out answers to some of my questions, no one can answer them and cant give me details or anything on someone who can, they just cant answer them!