Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barina horn not working

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The horn on my daily 1992 Holden Barina is not working, I've checked the fuses under the dash although they aren't marked at all, I've taken off the horn pad and ensured everything is connected and stable, can anyone shed some light on this issue? Anyone know where I can get a diagram for the fuses under the dash?

Cheers

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The horn on my daily 1992 Holden Barina is not working, I've checked the fuses under the dash although they aren't marked at all, I've taken off the horn pad and ensured everything is connected and stable, can anyone shed some light on this issue? Anyone know where I can get a diagram for the fuses under the dash?

Cheers

Just because a fuse doesn't look broken doesn't mean it isn't cracked on the side. Have you done anything recently to it?

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Just because a fuse doesn't look broken doesn't mean it isn't cracked on the side. Have you done anything recently to it?

Well I can't identify the horn fuse anyway since they're not labelled and the car doesn't have a diagram of the fuse layout, it hasn't been working since I got it a few weeks ago, I've had a roadworthy done on it, service etc. I'm actually surprised it passed the roadworthy inspection with the horn not working..

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Can anyone help me with this at all? Tried everything and can't figure it out!

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Check the fuses!! Most likely the problem. If theres no diagram.. Look at all the fuses, yeah it will take a while, but not really that long. Then replace any broken ones.. Either that or try find the fuse diagram, ask someone you see in a carpark with a barina. lol

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Check the fuses!! Most likely the problem. If theres no diagram.. Look at all the fuses, yeah it will take a while, but not really that long. Then replace any broken ones.. Either that or try find the fuse diagram, ask someone you see in a carpark with a barina. lol

Yeah I've checked all of the fuses twice already, they all appear to be fine. I've looked on the net for diagrams but can't find any, I'm guessing will most likely come down to a cut wire, do barina's have horn relays? Would that have any effect on it?

RSmith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barina 91MH
Barina Horn Issues

Mate did you fine solution to your horn? have exact same issue, checked all fuses, removed stearing wheel, wiring looks fine etc. Don't surpose you found wiring diagram either?
Cheers

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
have you applied power and ground directly to the horn itself? the horn could be burnt out