Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

base idle

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
wow!!! thats some great information!!! thanks!!! the thing is iv cleaned the throttle body and iac valve like you said. the idle was great for a 5 days or so then it went back to a rough idle that would miss every so often. i just dont know what else it could be? could it be the stop screw out of wack? :b:

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
2000 RPM??? I dont think mine idles that high..ill go and check later on

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Have you checked fault codes ?

Last edited:
C

ccassie

Michelson4301 said:
Have you checked fault codes ?

If you were asking me....

I have checked the fault codes and my O2 sensor is stuffed.

There are some other Gearbox related codes but obviously that shouldnt effect Netural RPM's

Its a dual fuel setup and I checked today... its about 1800 RPM's for both Petrol and Gas. I thought it may have been specific to the Gas as they have a seperate tuning method.

Will definatly look at cleaning the Throttle body in my case as well as checking the fault codes again... a new one could be in there since I last checked. But that said I am pretty sure its been at that Idle for the last few months.

Its an old Ex-taxi that I got given for free... who know's what could be wrong with it... but I get about 350-400kms out of 50 odd litres of gas so I can't complain considering what I paid for it. :yeah:

C

coolkenny

IAC problems

Hi everyone hows it going? I have been having massive problems with the idle of me vn, so I adjusted the idle screw thingy greatly so me car would idle, worked well, but I wanted it fixed properly so i came on this site and read what other users have written. So i removed the throttle body, and the Iac gave them all a good clean up and refitted, the little spindle thingy on the iac was serverlly covered in carbon and so was the chamber it seats into. After that car idles a lot better and now i can hear the the iac working (sukking sound) as i have a pod fitted. If anyones interested i own a 90Vn v6 running a performance chip , 2 1/2" sports exhaust from cat back and a pod filter, 15" mags 225/50 all round. Cheers

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
2000rpm idle wtf it suposed to be like 800 in netural and park and 750 in drive and reverse

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
BERLINAIIVS said:
2000rpm idle wtf it suposed to be like 800 in netural and park and 750 in drive and reverse

yep, idle at 2000rpm and ull loose a bit of fuel just idling