Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Basic carby tuning?

V

VH-308

g'day, im new to these forums and i was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to tune my holley 750 DP. It was running fine but a bit rich an used to cough a bit at low revs, but i had a stab at trying to change float level's and such an i think i have completely stuffed it up. now it will idle which a backfire here an there and driving is near impossible. So if anyone has some tips on how to get it back to rough standard so i can drive it to get looked at. Cheers.

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
ok

the float level: with the engine running unscrew the little sight screw on the side of the float bowl.the fuel should just trickle out.if it doesnt or it pours outits wrong.on the float adjustment back off the lock off screw and use a spanner to adjust the nut to adjust the float height.from memory clockwise lowers it and anit raises it.but thats frommemory as mine has oversided needle and seats which work different.

get that right for starters.then as for adjusting the rest well need more info.like on what the engine is if its modded what jets it has in it currently and power valve and also wether it has a flat spot on acceleration etc

a holley is dead easy usually and thru reading and practising ive taken mine from a similair situation from where u could barely drive it for flat spots to now where it starts instantly idles cold no hesitations and lights em up when u stand on it.