Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

basic water injection non boosted

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the schematic does show it being installed the wrong way though:
176116d1416622552-basic-water-injection-non-boosted-injector-driver-simplified.jpg

on further reflection, its a pretty shitty schematic. sorry OP

edit* actually no, isnt it just there to stop feedback from the injector coil? if so, thats the correct way...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually ari, you are correct. When I looked at the second schematic I could see quite clearly it was just an arrestor.

First schematic I didn't really read properly because it reminded me of what came out my dogs arse this morning... Hopefully it wasn't your drawing lol... Sorry if it was.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yeah... I usually have a chuckle at yours. But they typically make sense lol.

People hate my schematics... I draw it on paper, take a photo and then email it lol

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
Actually ari, you are correct. When I looked at the second schematic I could see quite clearly it was just an arrestor.

First schematic I didn't really read properly because it reminded me of what came out my dogs arse this morning... Hopefully it wasn't your drawing lol... Sorry if it was.

ok so you're saying it's the right way on the diagram? the silver stipe should be closest to the vcc? i've tried them both ways and its not working either way. i'm thinking about just starting from scratch, after the resistors being wrong from jaycar and then me swapping the diode 3 times, it's starting to look messy. i've gone over it at least 15 times now and as far as i can see i've done it right.

is it alright to wire both the earths together and run them to the negative on the battery?
and for r2 i used a 12k resistor but if you have a look at the item list on post 118 it says to use a 10k, would this be my issue?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yes. You've increased the resistance by approximately 20% on that path of the circuit.

Its normal to tie your two grounds together. Intact, its not bad practice.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
To test your circuit. Disconnect the wire from the ecu. If you apply 12volts directly to r1, you should find the injector open.

Do you have a multimeter? If not get one. Then come back to us. There is no point rebuilding this if you don't know what went wrong in the first place.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Also, you do you have 12+ applied directly to one side of the injector right? The injector does not connect to the battery via the diode. The diode is a different path.

The sole reason of the diode is to prevent several hundred volts from hitting the power trans everytime the EM field in the injector breaks down and closes the injector.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR