Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

basic water injection non boosted

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
progress has stalled for the next few days as i've got some temp work. don't think i've given up though, look out for the how too thread in a few weeks. there is a few little things i have to source like hosing and a tank that i just haven't got the time to do atm.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
progress has stalled for the next few days as i've got some temp work. don't think i've given up though, look out for the how too thread in a few weeks. there is a few little things i have to source like hosing and a tank that i just haven't got the time to do atm.
It's been a few days man what's going on? Got it up n running man?

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
hey guys sorry its been a while since I updated this this, I've been flat out with work Christmas and trying to find a house before 5th of January. I sorted out the bugs I was having and the system works good. when I'm done with this whole moving thing I will finish it off properly as I still havn't brought a resovoir yet, but I have tested the setup and everything seems to work pretty good, but since I'm not using the car its been put down the list of priorities for the moment.

all the information needed to make the setup is in this thread and I can confirm it does seem to work well, but I haven't had a chance to give it a good test for fuel econ. I did some 0-100 testing with the setup on then with it off and I consistently got a .2 to .3 improvement on my 0-100 which I think is just it getting off the line slightly better, but by no means will this make your v6 the fastest on the block. that was done with 30% methanol. when I'm finished moving I will do a detailed write up with lots of photos and step by step instructions for the future generations lol. I'm still in the final development stage though, and I want a neat, tidy and professional looking setup before I post a how to.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I can give you guys a bit more of an update also...

I'm currently returning a steady ~15% reduction in fuel consumption.

But here is a side by side comparison photo to show you guys...

more like top and bottom comparison...
This is when I removed the LIM after 352,000 kms. No cleaning has been done. When I put the LIM back on, I did nothing more than give it a wipe to get rid of the excess.

This evening... 363,000kms.

These valves have received no cleaning from me what so ever.... You can see that there was a steady coating of carbon build up on them but is slowly being chipped away. Some valves were cleaner... some were dirtier. But all showed signs of improvement.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gotta be happy with those results :)

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
i was skeptical to, but i tried it a few times and as i said i consistently got those results. the engine i have is a Stage 1 Spencer race engine, well honestly its far from a race engine but i was told it was meant to be a lot better down low in the rev range with a noticeable improvement in the mid to higher revs. i always felt like something was missing down low even with the 25mm mani spacer but this seems to of fixed it.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Gotta be happy with those results :)
Not sure if that was directed at me lol... but yeah I'm stoked with what I've seen so far. I'll check again in about 12 months... if the Prado is still alive. I think it will be! But it is a well travelled car.