Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst

HA98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute V6 5 spd, Ford Territory, Yamaha R1
Its almost that time again, who's going?, who's been?, who's watching on the box? :driving:

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
We went, wife and kids, last year for the first time and it was something we'll never forget. Were going up again this year, but we've done a huge following, going to Adelaide, all the Victorian races, even the test session at Sandown. Can't wait!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nope and at best I might watch the historics in the lead up races if they are running. V8SC bores me no end these days. They started going down hill about 8 years ago and only seem to be gathering pace as the years go past :/

Reaper

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
if skaife will be driving on bathurst then ill probably watch it on tv, i find the Touring Car Masters much more interesting

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
When's race day? Probably have a bit of a watch on tv

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I first got to Bathurst for the "Great Race" in 1968 with my wife and two friends in a GT Cortina, when it was all about classes of cars by price. It was a very good system IMHO.
I went most years afterwards until 1984 when it became imposable to just walk into the pits and wander around.

I should add I went to the 1960 and 1961 "Great Races" at Phillip Island where it all started off, watched 1963 on TV the first time it was televised in black and white of course, and the track ending up full of pot holes.

A close friend now passed, and I did get half way to the first "Great Race" in 1963 in my MK2 Sprite, but when we got into NSW from Victoria onto the Olympic Way a stone was flicked up by a car coming the other way and smashed the windscreen. The car being a soft top meant the top had to come down and as it was very cold we turned around and came home.

I should add from Thornbury to Albury, I did that in 2 hours 20 minutes that very cold Friday night.......Bet ya can't do it that quick even on a great highway in this day and age.

I'll probably watch some of it though this year. The start and the finish for sure. Bathurst is a VERY special place though, even going back to the '40s as a dirt track up the mountain for both cars and motorcycles.

HA98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute V6 5 spd, Ford Territory, Yamaha R1
Here's a few pics i took in 06.

Attachments

• Bathurst 28.jpg
    Bathurst 28.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Bathurst 24.jpg
    Bathurst 24.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_1158.jpg
    100_1158.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 337

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
shall be going.
went up last year, and it was a fair group of us, which made an awesome boys weekend away.

loved going over to the track and watching the classics and the GT3's etc.
and walking around the pits at night and getting to see some of the older cars up close, even talking to the guys driving them.
was interesting finding out, that the Utes are built with "whatever you can buy for your street car". (except for tyres and no mufflers exhaust)

the feel of the cars at the event are different on tv, you cannot feel the rumble and the shockwaves some of those cars send off.
and the sounds... *drool*

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
shall be going.
went up last year, and it was a fair group of us, which made an awesome boys weekend away.

loved going over to the track and watching the classics and the GT3's etc.
and walking around the pits at night and getting to see some of the older cars up close, even talking to the guys driving them.
was interesting finding out, that the Utes are built with "whatever you can buy for your street car". (except for tyres and no mufflers exhaust)

the feel of the cars at the event are different on tv, you cannot feel the rumble and the shockwaves some of those cars send off.
and the sounds... *drool*

and the fighter jets flying overhead.

Yeah i'll be there again, we camp in max cameron paddock behind hell corner essentially, and sit in the grandstand on hell corner, been the last 6 years straight...woulda been longer but mum didn't want me going up til i was 15. It is truly a great weekend event, saturday night at the Ox is when I come alive.

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
Always the first hr and last hr. Leave the tv on throughout the day and catch a min or two when walking past.
Cheers