Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery acid

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
hey all i was just wondering if any 1 knew if battery acid can spray out of the little holes on top of the battery cos the missus just got her bonnet fixed at the panel beaters and it looked like they didnt spray a bit of the underneath of the bonnet where it was fixed but they reckon battery acid so i dont know wat to believe

Last edited:

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Check the acid level, make sure it's at the recommended level, too much may cause this.

Also, this is a long shot, but if your alternator is overcharging and cooking the battery, and the overheated/boiling acid could spit out the holes.. You may wanna tape some paper to that area of the inside of the bonet, and see if it happens again (holes will misteriously appear in the paper).

If it is doing that, then check to see if your alternator is overcharging. I do know u need a multi-meter to do this, but can't remember exactly what to do, but I'm sure that someone will know how.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ok thnx mate will try that then