Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery change stuffed my fuel gauge

rhinos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8
Hey I have a problem with my fuel gauge in my vyII R8. When i turn the car on it reads the right amount of fuel for about 5mins then just shoots up to full and stays there. I know this has only just happened as I changed my battery.. Is there something I need to reset? Or is it the sender? Iam stumped for answers, and its pissing me off! Any ideas guys? Any one else with this problem? :idea:

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
Yeah ive changed my battery before and the gauge started doing weird things, but i put a full tank of fuel in and it reset itself to normal.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Yes , try to disconnect the battery ,with the ign off, then reconnect after 15 secs. turn ign on. hey presto.....

stevepegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
yep I had the exact problem. VY S1. Fuel gauge start normal, then shoots to full after about 30 seconds after starting car.

I fixed mine by disconnecting the battery entirely for about 10 minutes (it resets the computer apparently?).
Anyway 8 mths of dodgy fuel gauge fixed in minutes ;)

dan1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, VN, VH
You guys are legends!! Had to reset a SRS airbag fault this afternoon and in the process (being late at night and auto lights where on) it drained the battery. Ended up taking the terminals off to charge it up but got frustrated and hooked them back up to jump start it. fuel gauge reads empty and very low fuel warning comes on. Did the Neg battery terminal off for 15s and whoop whoop fuel gauge back to normal!

Cheers guys.