Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery drain issue

Mattyboy2117

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Calais sports wagon
Hey so I have a 08 Calais wagon, and my battery would always die after a few days of no driving. So thought okay battery must be fucked. It looked to be an original ac delco. So I replaced it with a brand new battery. Now I haven’t driven the car again in a few days and the battery is dead flat again
Done a bit of research and apparently there’s a software update Holden do to fix the issue. Or mask it atleast.. so my question is, now that Holden is gone, am I still able to get this software update on the bcm or what ever it is. And does it cost?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if that is the issue, holden service still exist and can advise if the software update was done/needs to be done
however the usual culprit is drivers door actuator

Mattyboy2117

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Calais sports wagon
Interesting you say that.
what is the go with the drivers door actuator? Cause tonight when I unlocked the car, the car unlocked, I jumped in and went to shut the door, and it was like the door latch had shut itself and the door just slammed up against the hook on the pillar. Which made me go what the hell, and then realised there was no power to anything

so I guess I can just call up the Holden service centre and ask about the update I guess they’d request my vin and they’d be able to see if it’s been done or not?