Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery Problems

Makalaza

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore Ute S1 / VX Executive Sedan S2
Hi everyone - I have read some threads here and they come close to my problem, but, my battery had gone completly dead and when I jumped it it started alright but there was hardly any power and the headlights were really dim and the ABS light had come on. So today i got a new battery and put it in and the car started great but it seems to have lost a bit of power and the ABS light is not on anymore. Also when I got my son to turn the car off I could hear a weard (like) clicking noise coming from around the top of the engine somewhere. Any ideas?
Thanks Mark

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to have your alternator tested to make sure it is charging the battery properly. After you jump started the car, a good alternator should have been able to drive all the car's electrical requirements, even though it may not have been able to recharge the battery.

Makalaza

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore Ute S1 / VX Executive Sedan S2
You need to have your alternator tested to make sure it is charging the battery properly. After you jump started the car, a good alternator should have been able to drive all the car's electrical requirements, even though it may not have been able to recharge the battery.

thanks mate - i reckon that's what it is. When I drove it this morning in the dark, lights and dash lights seems dull and everytime I pulled up at traffic lights etc. the battery light would flicker. Cheers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sounds very much like the Regulator,
If your handy with a couple of spanners, and if $$'s are tight, either get one from a wrecker,
Or
a Reconditioned one from an Auto Elec.

Last edited: