Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM Connector Wiring Chart for VXII-LS1 Needed

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Hi Guys,

I'm in the last stages of a Small Block Chev 400 conversion to OBD2 using the 0411PCM and to save time used the VXII-LS1 wiring harness. Everything has been connected up in the engine bay etc, and I now just need to tie up the loos ends and wire the rest into the car.

Its a 1985 Pontiac TransAM so I have to do everything from scratch, but my biggest problem is trying to sort all the wires from the "C" connectors that go to the BCM.
I also have the long plug that I think is for a cruise control module or Drive-by-wire throttle body, and a small plug as well.
Somehow these plugs need to be accounted for, but I've got no idea. I also don't have the BCM for it, as I'm using a later model transAM dash cluster for the gauges, so I don't need anything converted from/to CANBUS/analog.

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the BCM, I'm assuming from the pictures of the bcm I've found that it doesn't plug into anything else, is that correct?
So i should just be wiring the loose wires from the connectors back onto wires from the other connectors and bypassing the conversion, yes?

Lastly do i need to do anything with the long plug and shorter plug for these, or can they be left alone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I just had a look through the factory manual I have and it does not show a wiring diagram for the BCM on its own, the way the wiring diagrams are presented are a separate wiring diagram for individual functions ie one for A/C one for locking, one for lighting, audio, theft deterent etc, there are probably 10 or more wiring diagrams and the BCM appears as a component on each and every wiring diagram, sort of like all of the functions have some form of inter action with the BCM, it even shows up on the PCM wiring diagrams. On each of the individual wiring diagrams it shows a different set of wires going to the BCM all with different colour codes.

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Wonderful.
So i have to know all the bcm controls in order to work out what the bcm controls and what wires it uses.

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Hey All,
Just thought I'd summon some good Karma and actually post the solution to this one.

Hopefully this file attaches but if not message me and I can send it to anyone who needs it.

I sat there for a few weeks and mapped all the wires for the BCM with a multimeter to find what they were for and where they went and in between what little wiring diagrams there were for the surrounding components.

Has the BCM wire locations and functions, PIM, Engine harness, engine bay fuses, and cabin fuses.
Everything you need to put the LS1 and BCM from a commodore into any other car.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• BCM wiring-VY.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 650

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
These are the images for the fuse and relay positions so it all makes sense.

Attachments

• engine fuse.jpg
    engine fuse.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 396
  • cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,512