Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM Issue

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Hey guys,

I'll give you a background of my situation:

About 3 months ago, I started to notice my SV6 having a few electrical problems, especially when starting up. I've got aftermarket HID Xenon's on my car, and when I unlock it, I notice that one of the globes doesn't light up, and its just the standard globe. This would happen once a week maybe, very intermittently, especially when its cold. I would have to turn the Auto Lights off and then on again to get them working.

On top of this intermittent problem, my radio would intermittently turn off as well. This is a lot more common than the headlights, and quite often would be two or three occassions within one minute, sometimes not at all. Very strange.
Anyway, I figured I could wait it out until my next service (which is in 1000km...), but then I noticed it happening a few weeks ago again, as it got hotter here in Melbourne.

The kicker for me was last night, driving home on the Monash Freeway at 1am, and all my lights went off and on again! Including the headlights, interior, radio, and I assume my rear lights. It was only for a second, but scared the sh*t out of me, doin 115 (what speed limit??) on a freeway in a black car.

I called Holden today, and they reckon the Body Control Module needs to be checked and reset, and so I've booked my car in for a service as well to get it sorted, but has anyone else had this problem at all? Last night got me seriously concerned.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Why not just pull off the negative battery terminal for 10 mins and see is that fixes it. Helluva lot cheaper than getting Holden to do it.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah, i've heard of it doing this but i would speak with dr.bob instead of getting holdens tto do it, especially if you can live without a car for a few days.

he'll repair it rather than holden replacing it and you having to purchase new keys to go with it.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Sounda like an earthing issue.......... either that or your draining too much power and your alternator is going?.....

If you got car amps, check those too...... I had an amp plauging my last car for months with weird problems.

If your car is running like 2 car amps in the boot, try running an additional earth cable........ from the - battery to say where the front of the fuse box screws onto the chassy near the battery there (make sure u sand it down).

But honestly could be anything....

PS. Could be something to do with your aftermarket HID Xenon's having some odd short....

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Why not just pull off the negative battery terminal for 10 mins and see is that fixes it. Helluva lot cheaper than getting Holden to do it.

Yeah well I did that, and also pulled apart the HID kit and put it together again, and it worked fine for about 6 weeks, then it started up again

Sounda like an earthing issue.......... either that or your draining too much power and your alternator is going?.....

If you got car amps, check those too...... I had an amp plauging my last car for months with weird problems.

If your car is running like 2 car amps in the boot, try running an additional earth cable........ from the - battery to say where the front of the fuse box screws onto the chassy near the battery there (make sure u sand it down).

But honestly could be anything....

PS. Could be something to do with your aftermarket HID Xenon's having some odd short....

My radio is stock so I don't believe it's anything related to that, nor the HID's (see above). It may be the alternator, because I think it only started happening after my lights stayed on at the shops and needed to get it jumped, but my battery seems to be holding charge quite well, so I dunno.

What I will do though is make sure Holden don't replace anything, because I'm sure its not that serious, i.e. the car hasn't completely melted down yet.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
[QLIMAX];1358109 said:
It will be BCM. About $400 and 2 remotes programmed I got quoted from Holden. Common problem for some reason mostly on earlier build date vz's

Ah cool thanks, at least I have a comparison cost.
And mine's is a June 05 build, so I would say that would be a later build date VZ.

I'll let you know of the outcome from Holden (booked in for the week after next)

nikhil9552

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ EXECUTIVE
BCM problem with Vz 05 Commodore

Hi Guys,

I;m facing a problem with my Vz 05 commodore sedan that when i lock/unlock my car with remote, the left side blinkers stays ON occasionallly (4 times out of 10). I have been told that it happens due to sticky on-board relay on Body control module.

the replacement cost varies between $250 ~ $750 or so....

So i need to use this forum to know the best solution and the costs involved?

i live in west sydney.

tha
nik

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
^^^I get that to. Ive just learnt to live with it. Such a small issue, i dont worry about it, i just lock or unlock the car again.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
^^^I get that to. Ive just learnt to live with it. Such a small issue, i dont worry about it, i just lock or unlock the car again.

its all good to do that but the prob will eventually get worse.

i had mine fixed at holdens for $400 including new keys, i haven't had a prob since.

my suggestion would be if you can go with out your car for a while see if Dr.bob (on here) can fix it.

he'll def be cheaper than the road i took but i was only with ou my car for a day.