Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm key remote limit

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII berlina v6 auto sedan
Hello everyone I visited a locksmith today to have a new remote coded for my car , I initially wanted to have two done but the locksmith eventually concluded that my BCM on my 2000 acclaims remote limit has been reached ?
Whats the go as it's only had 2-4 keys beforehand and this was probably 5th(and meant to be 6th)key
The key I got today unlocks and locks the car but the 2nd key I was going to get done could only start the car (couldnt lock or unlock or anything like that)
It's confusing me because I've had 6 remotes done on my 2000 berlina over the years and it doesn't seem to have its limit reached ? Could each trim of bcm have a higher remote limit / mid , luxury and high bcms be limitless ?
The locksmith mentioned if I want another key I'll need to swap the BCM.
I'm hoping that there's another way to just clean the dead keys out of the bcm as I'd assume the other keys would be long since destroyed.
Can holden or someone with the appropriate technology wipe the bcm clean of remotes? Or am I stuck with using one working key till I can afford to swap to a new bcm and hope for the best ?
Any and all information would be appreciated thank you

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Could you copy a master or slave?
i assume a locksmith can clone an existing remote
i know tech 2 gives you the option
add remote or all new
and i have never tried all new

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII berlina v6 auto sedan
i assume a locksmith can clone an existing remote
i know tech 2 gives you the option
add remote or all new
and i have never tried all new
Okay I see so potentially I can just get someone with a tech 2 scanner to try the all new option ? If it's too much hassle I'll wait till I get my ute