Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bearing Mounts Help!!!!

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
Hey Guys just had some new tyres put on and a wheel alignment over at beaurepaires and when i got the car back the bloke said that i also would have to get my wheel bearing mount rubbers fixed as they are cracking dose anyone know where these are and if so where they are located.

Burt_vn

Back in the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 5spd, 400hp 5spd soarer, vq stato
Wheel bearing mount rubbers? hmmmmmmmm.....
Keeping in mind i may very well be wrong. But i cant picture in my head anywhere on a commodore there is "wheel bearing mount rubbers" nor can i see how a wheel bearing has anything to do with rubber mounts. Your wheel bearing sits over your stub axle, they roll around on cones that are inside your rotors...its all filled and packed with grease...then you have your rotor, your caliper and brake assembly. I seriously cant think of anything he could have meant by a wheel bearing mount rubber, possible control arm / linkage bushes? other than that im not sure, wait for someone older and wiser to reply :D :thumbsup:

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
I wonder if he is referring to the rubber that sits at the back of the bearing assembly...Its more a dustcover though and keeps the grease in..If that is gone, I would also assume the bearings are also gone...But then again, I might be wrong...

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Hey Guys just had some new tyres put on and a wheel alignment over at beaurepaires and when i got the car back the bloke said that i also would have to get my wheel bearing mount rubbers fixed as they are cracking dose anyone know where these are and if so where they are located.

he didn't mean strut rubbers(tower rubbers) where your front suspension strut is located under the bonnet on either side, held on by 3-6 nuts in what we call a tower ....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'm guessing that he's refering to the top strut mount. normally when they get old and tired they will start to bulge out the top. otherwise he may be refering to the rubber seal behind the bearings in the hub/rotor but thats just a dust seal really and in no way effects your wheel alignment.