Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BEEP BEEP BEEP - Bulb sensor keeps going off

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Hi all,

90% of the time I go for a drive the message goes off on my WK asking me to check the rear brakelight bulb. But when I do check, all three brake lights work fine. The message can appear 30 seconds into the drive or 1 hour but almost always comes on.

Anyone got a solution please?

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check that the bulbs are of the same wattage as this will trick the check relay

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Remove each globe and check that it is clean and not suffering from any corrosion. Any corrosion may still permit the globe to work but increases resistance in that circuit and this could affect the relay or whatever trips the audible warning system. Also check inside each globe socket for corrosion.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
You may have to re-train the BCM.. I'm sure there's instructions around somewhere.. However if you have no luck I'll see if I can find it my end.. Just send me a PM and this threads URL addy and I'll add it ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
You may have to re-train the BCM.. I'm sure there's instructions around somewhere.. However if you have no luck I'll see if I can find it my end.. Just send me a PM and this threads URL addy and I'll add it ;)

Sorry for my ignorance. What is BCM?

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Sorry for my ignorance. What is BCM?

Body Control Module, Do you have a Towbar wiring plug fitted , could be water contaminated or wiring to brake lights part of the plug unit damaged by scraping the A..E end of the car???

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Body Control Module, Do you have a Towbar wiring plug fitted , could be water contaminated or wiring to brake lights part of the plug unit damaged by scraping the A..E end of the car???

I have a towbar so I guess there is a wiring plug. How can I check if that is the problem?

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
You will have to disassemble the plug & check the wires are not toughing each other or touching the body of the plug anywhere , also check the cable to the plug is not damaged both inside the boot or under the car. If youre not mechanically minded get an Auto Elect to have a look at it.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
There was a problem with the system years ago were the cruise brake switch and brake light switch were activating in the wrong order. Confused the BCM and set the message off. Try and reset both brake switches and see how that goes.