Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beeps when i slow down

I

iplzher

Every now and then my VT Calais series 2 beeps when i slow down (like when your out of fuel).

Does it sound like the brakes are gone. Or is it a traction control thingy.

No lights come up, so who knows.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
check your oil, i forget if mine beeped but i had the engine light come on if i slowed down... checked my oil and it was on low

also sometimes if i dont put my handbrake down properly it beeps, but that is only when i just start moving

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Maybe the warning light that comes on with the beeps has a blown globe. Check that they all light up when you turn the ignition on. Some of them only light up for a few seconds and then turn off so you may need to check a few times.

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
If when you say you are slowing down you mean braking reasonably hard, then yes, oil. There should also be an oil warning light coming on too.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
If it is the oil warning...this was a calibration fault in early VT's (yes you have series2). It may not actually be telling you the truth. By all means check your oil levels but it may just be an annoying fault. Usually if it was the oil fault it was only under HEAVY braking. I can't remember what the fix was...It may have been a software upgrade or possibly a different oil pressure sender unit. Ask your local Holden dealer as they should know about the problem.

an-D

Reaction score
Website
www.streetwagons.com
Members Ride
Nissan Silvia S15
ahhh.. i think that its the speedo alarm!!!

when i was playin in my settings i found that i can set it so the speed alarm beeps when i go over the speed (like normal) and then it beeps again when i go under the speed.

change your set speed, say 80km/h.. go over 80.. let it beep, go to 90km/h then slow down and go under 80km/h.

good luck.