Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beer Keg

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
hey, thought this was the appropriate section to post this topic, im wondering if any of the Melbourne boys, preferably the EAST, have purchased a keg of beer recently and where from as i am i need of one in 2 weeks time:beer chug: So yeah if you could post up what it cost, and where from its much appreciated.

No need for tap, hoses or gas i have all that, Purely a keg full of Carlton draught!

Cheers, Ed.

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
How well do you know your local publican? Ask if you can buy/rent the keg, offer a deposit for the keg and some id and you should be sweet. Will cost a couple hundred Most likely. Otherwise google kegs on legs

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
yeah, don't know the local pub too well, was hoping someone could tell me dan murphys or first choice sell them

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
You can't 'buy' a keg. You can buy the beer but you have to return the keg itself so it's all done on a hire basis. This is how pubs, kegs-on-legs etc. work. The actual kegs are property of the brewery. You might be able to get one directly from the brewery? No bottle-o will sell you a keg, unless it's the 5l Heiniken kegs.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Just google it, you'd probably have to buy direct for a keg to keep though

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
yeah you wouldn't have any luck getting one off a local pub, as they Dont own the keg itself, they own the beer inside it.

your best bet is to try a brewery but they will charge you an arm and a leg, your probs best off buying a couple of hundred dollars of beer.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I work in a Footy Club and from my experience the breweries don't give two shits about the kegs, the drivers regularly don't pick them up and don't count them or anything if they do.

Just go to your local club, AFL probably in Vic, and ask if you can purchase a keg. Can't hurt, and all they can say is no.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
I spent a few years as a cellarman at a rugby league club when I did my apprenticeship and had a few of these running around normally with a heap of ice the keg and little gas bottle inside.

c094756b-977e-6f97.jpg

There are companies who hire these out in NSW but not sure if/where in Vic

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
as mentioned kegs on legs give pricing online too

Local Beer Kegs

enjoy!