Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beesting aerial for Maloo

lockmac

Reaction score
Loaded Dice, i was going to have it looked at at my 15000k service which will be on time rather than ks in April, was hoping to get it resolved then, but from what i have read, its a common problem as you have had modules changed to no avail, its the only thing that shits me with my VE

going to try one of the Mazda ones and see how that goes

I get exact same thing

Yep.. I noticed that too. I've never had that issue with my VZ and was surprised that my reception was a bit static on my new VE.

Anyone got a photo of their VE with a beesting antenna? I'd like to see what it would look like.

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Bought a metal one off Ebay for mine and looks great, it's very short, about 5cm and is anodized black. For $15 landed made a big difference.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Coat hanger aerial FTMFW

coat_hanger2.jpg

4529132.jpg

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Bought a metal one off Ebay for mine and looks great, it's very short, about 5cm and is anodized black. For $15 landed made a big difference.

Made a big difference how? And can you give us a link to the exact one also please

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
a big difference in the appearance. Can't access Ebay at the moment but will post a link this weekend.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I think the biggest problem is with the tuner module in the IQ. I've tried 4 different antenna's from ebay on my Redline ute, and my Maloo.

Same result every time, lousy reception.............

I've also got 2 Astra's(that my kids drive). Tried the antenna's on the Astra's, with no loss of reception.........

In VE's, reception is (sorta) OK in the city with the beestings, but the outer suburbs, and the bush, the standard antenna is the only answer.(so far)