Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Before and after shots of my brocky vk

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
very tidy man thats absolutely beutiful project top marks

RWRDME

Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK Commodore LS1
Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated! Quick question as I'm still in the process of improving it mechanically.. Does a VL diff go straight in with no extra costy mods needed? And would that be legal for a P plater? Also a VL motor? I'm sick of my old carby!
Thanks guys :)

Retro_Class_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
VL Diff will blot straight in same design but VL motor not so much.. you will need a VL K Frame fuel tank set up for injection, wiring can be bit of a hassle as well but worth effort wen done properly

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated! Quick question as I'm still in the process of improving it mechanically.. Does a VL diff go straight in with no extra costy mods needed? And would that be legal for a P plater? Also a VL motor? I'm sick of my old carby!
Thanks guys :)

VL diffs fit. by VL motor I assume you mean the RB30? K Frame change, return fuel lines needed, wiring & computer, steering rack change possibly, poultion control - you will need a slim line/sports cat as the VK doesnt have the floor pan to suit standard cats like the VL does.

Best bet would be to get a smashed VL that way you can swap everything. There are plenty of smashed VL's around :p

You could always put a Buick V6 in it...... FYI 125 kW V6 3800 :yeah:
308/304 that the VK came out with ;) 5.0 L 126-177 kW :bow:
VL RB30 114 kW :whistling

Just some thoughts..... ;)

Or just wait until you can drop a EFI 5L + in it...... best idea :thumbsup:

RWRDME

Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK Commodore LS1
You could always put a Buick V6 in it...... FYI 125 kW V6 3800 :yeah:
308/304 that the VK came out with ;) 5.0 L 126-177 kW :bow:
VL RB30 114 kW :whistling

Just some thoughts..... ;)

Or just wait until you can drop a EFI 5L + in it...... best idea :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Perfect!!!! Ok, I have room and time for change.. The buick V6 sounds like the best plan for me coz I'm guessin it's legal! & the EFI 5L shall come later when I'm older and have the money ;)

To dark side... na mate, just got the 18inch random wheels which we painted white :) Rims are not of concern to me atm.. The 18's I have look bigger than they are and cops don't hassle me! (about the rims :s)