Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beginers question

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah mate hooking up a second sub later would help with the bass, but it would be better if you got just one better sub later and if you can build your own enclosure then it will sound better. Otherwise for the money you spent, you did fairly well, those Pioneer amps are quite good.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah, I agree with Joe... The amp is perfectly fine and will run a huge range of subwoofers. the salesman was referring to upgrading from the low end sub he has to a mid range sub in future. Nice overreaction though!

I really didn't think i was over reacting ...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
just dont go connecting a 2nd sub to this amp! another sub = another amp (your amp is fine powering 1 sub, but just because you connect 2 subs to it wont mean its better because then you're underpowering both).

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
just dont go connecting a 2nd sub to this amp! another sub = another amp (your amp is fine powering 1 sub, but just because you connect 2 subs to it wont mean its better because then you're underpowering both).

Ummm why can't he connect a second sub up?? If he hooks up another 4-ohm sub then the amp will put out twice the power at 2-ohms.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon

Depends on the impedence of the subs and what the amp is stable to. My E-Audio1000D is 500wrms at 4ohm, 800wRMS at 2ohm and 1000wRMS at 1ohm. If I have a 1 DVC sub at 2 ohm, I can wire it to 500wRMS, if I have 2 DVC sub at 2ohm, I can wire them to 800wRMS.

Goulburn Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
so what ive taken in from this post is, this set up will do for now since im used to nothing it will be good enough,

second i can hook up another sub as long as it wont make both subs suck

third i should just get one good sub everntually when im not so poor :D

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Yes one good sub would be best in most situations, work out cheaper and offer a better quality sound.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ummm why can't he connect a second sub up?? If he hooks up another 4-ohm sub then the amp will put out twice the power at 2-ohms.

have a looky at specs of amp... not exactly a rig to be running multiple subs off. my thoughts on this amp would be to run 1 decent sub off it at correct power, and not 2 subs under powered.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I am looking at the amps specs, 200wrms at 4-ohms and 400wrms at 2-ohms, whats wrong with that?

Let me ask you a question, what do you define as a amp that puts out decent levels of bass? 400wrms, 1000wrms, 5000wrms? My answer is whatever the owner is happy with.

Yes it would be better for the OP to have one decent sub running at 400wrms with this amp, but the OP CAN run multiple subs of this amp. Without having the actual specs of the AudioLine sub, I'm still pretty sure that hooking two up will still be overpowering these subs, not underpowering.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
dude, I never said there's anything wrong with the amp... and I completely agree with you that 400/1000/5000w rms is completely up to personal tastes- but that wasnt my point.

My point was, given the choice between running 2 lower power and probably cheaper subs on this amp (considering he's planning on using the current audioline in conjunction with an additional sub), vs going for 1 single decent sub on this amp... he'd be better off with 1 decent (better quality) sub matched to the 400w output when he's ready to upgrade, and forgetting about trying to use or add to the current audioline.

You're concentrating on one word in my post 'underpowering'... but my advice is still sound. When it comes time to upgrade, he should replace the audioline with a single decent sub... not try and add to it with another low power cheapy. That's the point I was trying to make. My underpowering comment was in regards to the OP buying multiple higher power subs, and thinking that this amp could handle it ok. Afterall, the salesman said he could... so it must be true! :)